Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
Time: 11:00 A.M. CT - 12:00 P.M. CT
Earlier this year, I, Thomas LaRock, invited three experienced data professionals to join me in Austin for a roundtable discussion on database performance tuning. Joining me for this panel discussion were Karen Lopez, Tim Chapman, and David Klee. We’ve known each other for many years, so this discussion really felt like four friends getting together to talk data and databases.
We spent an hour talking about common database topics, such as:
- Diagnostic data collection – understanding what data to collect, and when, and dealing with the challenges of sprawl
- Common performance root causes – comprehending the impact that database design, index tuning, and default configurations have on performance
- Reactive tuning versus proactive – how to turn the corner in your career and become efficient with your administrative tasks
- Administration of third-party products – it may not be your fault, but it’s now your problem
- Knowing the importance of baselines – because when people say, “It’s slow,” you need to show them the data
Join us on Thursday, November 15 at 11:00 a.m. CT for an engaging discussion on these topics. I’ll be there to answer your questions, live, in the webinar chat forum.
See you then!