SolarWinds® Lunch and Learn at Cisco Live! ® Sweepstakes: Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The SolarWinds Lunch and Learn at Cisco Live! Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, its subsidiaries or affiliates, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400, Austin, Texas 78735 (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Being eligible for a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and the number of participants that enter the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: Entrance to attend the SolarWinds Lunch and Learn event begins at 8:00 a.m. CDT on May 5, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on June 4, 2015. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Register to attend the SolarWinds Lunch and Learn at Cisco Live! event on the SolarWinds website (http://launch.solarwinds.com/cisco_lunch_and_learn_Register.html) during the Entry Period, and attend the event on June 8, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. PDT. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void. Entrant must provide a proper business email address to enter the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and e-mail address.
- Drawing: On Monday, June 8 2015, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of Entrants. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received for the applicable drawing.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive one (1) $1,200.00 American Express® gift card, with an approximate value of $1,200.00 USD. This decision will be final, except as noted herein. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
- Potential Prize Recipient Requirements: Any potential prize recipient may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential recipient fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will forfeit the prize and the next entrant to be deemed to have properly submitted an entry may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- Sweepstakes Results: To request a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC; Senior Customer Marketing Manager; Attn: Leah Linnet; 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400; Austin, Texas 78735. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- Terms Subject to Change: Terms are all subject to change by the Sponsors as necessary.
The SolarWinds® Lunch and Learn Cisco Live!® Sweepstakes: Official Rules for Germany
General Terms and Conditions Applicable to Entering the Sweepstakes
1.1 The sweepstakes is solely hosted by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400, Austin, Texas 78735 USA (hereinafter referred to as “Sponsor").
1.2 The sweepstakes is subject to the following general terms and conditions (“Official Rules”).
2 Sweepstakes Period
Entrance to attend the SolarWinds Lunch and Learn event begins at 8:00 a.m. CDT on May 5, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on June 4, 2015. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3 Authorization to Participate
3.1 You may only participate if you are a permanent resident of Germany and if you are 18 years of age or over.
3.2 Employees of Sponsor and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, or anyone connected to the creation and administration of the sweepstakes and members of the immediate family of the aforementioned persons may not participate.
3.3 Participation via raffle agencies or automated entry software or manipulation of the sweepstakes is prohibited.
3.4 Participants not abiding by the Official Rules may be disqualified. If this is the case, Sponsor is entitled not to award the advertised prizes or to reclaim already awarded prizes.
4 Entering the Sweepstakes
4.1 Participation is free of charge.
4.2 To enter the sweepstakes, the participants must:
* Register to attend the SolarWinds Lunch and Learn at Cisco Live! event on the SolarWinds website (http://launch.solarwinds.com/cisco_lunch_and_learn_Register.html) during the Entry Period, and attend the event on June 8, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. PDT.
* There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per proper business email address for each question.
* Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
5.1 On Monday, June 8, 2015, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period to win the prize. The odds of being selected depend of the number of entries received from all participants for the applicable drawing in connection with this Sweepstakes.
5.2 The following prize can be won:
* $1,200.00 American Express® gift card with an approximate value of $1,200.00 USD
5.3 If Sponsor should not be able to award said prize(s) (e.g. because of changes of models, seasonal goods etc.), Sponsor is entitled to award appropriate prices equal in value (“equivalent”). A cash equivalent payment or swapping of the prizes or the equivalents is not possible. The prizes are not transferable.
6 Notification of the Winners
The winner will be informed about his/her win by email.
7 Prize Transfer
The prizes will be sent out to the winners by mail one month after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The prizes will be sent to the address in Germany the winner entered during the registration (see no. 4). Shipping within Germany is free of charge. By handing over the prizes from Sponsor to the shipping company, the risk of incidental destruction or incidental damage of the prizes is passed on to the winner. In the event a winner is unreachable at the address provided by him/her, the winner will forfeit his/her prize.
8 Prior Cancellation of the Sweepstakes
8.1 Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to cancel or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety.
8.2 Sponsor can make use of this right especially in the event that the website (see no. 4) is infected by a virus, a software bug, unauthorized human intervention occurs or the integrity, administration, impartiality or normal operation of the sweepstakes is compromised in any way.
8.3 In case of a cancellation or termination the participants have no right to claim anything from Sponsor, especially no rights to claim the prizes.
9.1 Sponsor shall be liable for damages caused by culpably injury to life, body or health.
9.2 By entering the sweepstakes, participants agree to release Sponsor, its employees, agents and representatives, its subsidiaries, its affiliated companies, its controlling corporations, advertising or promotion agencies, sponsors, suppliers of materials, prizes and services related to the sweepstakes or any other person directly associated with the holding of the sweepstakes, (“released parties”) from any and all liability whatsoever for other any losses or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession or use of any prize or from entry of attempted entry into the sweepstakes unless the damage of the entrant is caused by gross negligence or wilful intent of a released party.
9.3 In an event of slight negligence, the released parties shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (“cardinal duty”). A “cardinal duty” is an obligation whose fulfilment makes the implementation of this sweepstakes possible in the first place and on the fulfilment of which the participant may therefore generally rely.
9.4 Liability in accordance with paragraph 9.3 shall be limited to the typical, foreseeable damages.
9.5 The released parties are not liable for defect prizes and for follow-up damages resulting from the defect prizes.
9.6 The released parties are not liable for the timely processing via the website, whether due to technical or computer malfunctions or otherwise or any other technical or computer malfunctions or other errors.
10 Personal Information Retention and Processing Rules for the Sweepstakes
Sponsor will not be collecting any Personal Information in connection with the sweepstakes.
11 Final Provisions
11.1 Sponsor's decisions are final and queries about them cannot be accepted. There is no recourse to the courts.
11.2 The Official Rules are subject to the relevant law of the Federal Republic of Germany to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention (CISG).
11.3 Should one of the provisions of the Official Rules be or become invalid or infeasible the validity of the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall not thereby be affected. In this case, the invalid or infeasible provision shall be substituted by a valid provision which comes closest to the economical effect of the invalid provision.